Customized insurance quotes for your home, auto, farm or business.
See how our agents provide effective coverage. Let us help you recognize your insurance needs.
Get to know Lambton Mutual
As your only, truly local, insurance Company in Lambton County, our focus is on keeping jobs and profits in our community. Unlike stock insurance companies, whose focus is on earning profits for shareholders, Lambton Mutual invests excess capital in community programs or returns profits directly to policyholders. Each year, Lambton Mutual donates thousands of dollars to programs within Lambton County and surrounding areas. This focus on community, combined with our local customer service and claims assistance, forms what we call the ‘Mutual Advantage’ for our clients, and is something that is unique to mutual insurers. We put people ahead of profits. That’s the beauty of neighbours helping neighbours.
On January 12, 2024 I had the privilege of being one of the presenters at the Lambton Soil & Crop Association’s meeting in Alvinston, Ontario. I thought I would share some of the topics of discussion from that meeting:
- Reinsurance rates are increasing globally. The January 2023 renewal cycle saw catastrophe rates for property hit near 20-year highs, a trend that began in 2018.
- Rate increases at the reinsurance level have a trickle-down effect affecting rates that you and I pay for insurance.
- Severe convective storms, wildfires and flooding have plagued the Canadian insurance market, resulting in a $3 billion catastrophe year in 2023.
- Automobile repairs are taking longer due to the delay in parts shipments out of the US. Loss of Use limits should be increased to avoid rental coverage “running out” ahead of repairs being completed.
- Things like used farm machinery have increased in value – be sure to review your inventory regularly and check with your farm equipment dealer for current pricing.
- Vehicle theft has reached crisis levels in this country!
- Stubborn inflation persists. The nominal value of buildings, motor vehicles and other fixed assets have grown faster than headline inflation., making it more important than ever to take the time to do the annual review of your insurance. When your agent calls, please don’t put off this important meeting!
Contact one of our professional agents today to experience the Mutual difference!
Deb Van Eyk