Summer Road Trips
The heat is on, and so are timed honoured traditions of summer road trips and weekend getaways. To help with some ideas of where you might venture to this summer, we have put together a list of our top 5 destinations for some of Ontario’s best tourist spots.
- Niagara Falls – Let’s start with one of the all-time favourites of any traveller, Niagara Falls. Its world-renowned waterfalls are quite a spectacle and a very refreshing way to take in the summer days and cool off if you happen to get wet! Along with the famous waterfalls are other local attractions such as the downtown core at Clifton Hill where you can take in many amusement type attractions, MarineLand is also close by and the Niagara Fallsview Casino and Resort.
- CN Tower Toronto – Another Canadian landmark as well as an Ontario one; the CN Tower located in downtown Toronto, is another great landmark to visit. Close to Union Station and the ScotiaBank Center, travellers can take in a host of dining, entertainment and shopping. The tower itself has a revolving 360 restaurant and the world’s highest “hands-free” walk. Taking in the views of the city from this height is amazing and worth the trip.
- Sauble Beach – Rated as Canada’s number one freshwater beach, Sauble Beach is known for its world class sunsets, warm waters, and long sandy beachline. It is the second longest freshwater beachline in the world and located on the shores of Lake Huron. It is a great family friendly destination and one can expect to find ample sunshine and long lazy days between the beach and the water.
- St Jacob’s – Nestled along the Conestogo River, the village of St. Jacob’s is a charming destination known for its one of a kind shops and shopping experiences. Visitors can also take advantage of river trails with 80km of wilderness, take in an O-scale train ride on the St. Jacob’s & Aberfoyle Model Railway from the 1950’s, as well as the local theater. Experience a one of a kind experience in St. Jacob’s.
- Tobermory – Get ready for a nautical adventure on the northern point of the Bruce Peninsula. Enjoy a variety of activities in this small town that includes touring shipwrecks, boating to nearby islands like Flower Pot Island, and visiting the “Grotto”; after a hike through Cyprus Lake Provincial Park. The water is very beautiful, clear and a uniquely Ontario experience that no one forgets. Tobermory is part of the famous Niagara Escarpment and offers some of the best hiking experiences in the peninsula.
When on the road always remember to make sure that you are covered with the right kind of insurance to protect you on your journeys. At Lambton Mutual, we offer complete automobile insurance packages to keep you protected during the unexpected. Have a great summer while exploring Ontario’s treasures.