- Established in 2015 to support students volunteering in their community, as Lambton Mutual Insurance Company takes great pride in being an active contributor to the community.
- Sponsored and funded by Lambton Mutual Insurance Company.
- Five scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to high school students who are sons/daughters of existing policyholders of Lambton Mutual Insurance Company. Applicants must be pursuing a full-time post-secondary education at a college or university level and must demonstrate community involvement, volunteerism, and academic excellence.
- Must be a Canadian resident.
- Must be attending university or college for the first time as a first year student.
- Must be enrolled at a Canadian university or college as a full time student in current year of awarding scholarship.
- Must be an existing policyholder or a son/daughter of existing policyholders of Lambton Mutual Insurance Company.
- Download the application here.
- Must be fully completed, typed, signed and mailed to Lambton Mutual, at the address listed below, by the date specified on the application, for the year preceding the study year.
- Each reference listed on the scholarship application must provide a community involvement reference letter.
- Must have a minimum of one reference – may not be from a family relation.
- Please have reference(s) include their relationship to you in the opening paragraph of the letter.
- Include your official transcript, and a copy of your Community Involvement Activities Tracking Form.
- Lambton Mutual shall give preference to a graduate who demonstrates community involvement, volunteerism, and academic excellence.
- Children of staff, agents/brokers, staff of agents/brokers, and/or directors of Lambton Mutual Insurance Company are not eligible.
- If, in a given year, no suitable candidate applies, no award will be given that year.
- Payment will be made after proof of enrolment is received by the company from the registrar of the post-secondary institution.
- Award winners will be required to provide their Social Insurance Number (SIN) for tax purposes.
- Winners will be announced at the annual convocation ceremonies.
The deadline for receipt is the last business day in June, at 4:30 p.m. Late and/or handwritten applications will not be accepted. All applicants will learn the results by August 15, 2020.