- Established in 2015 to support students volunteering in their community, as Lambton Mutual Insurance Company takes great pride in being an active contributor to the community
- Sponsored and funded by Lambton Mutual Insurance Company
- Two scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to two high school students who will be pursuing a full-time post-secondary education at a college or university level
- Must be a Canadian resident
- Must be enrolled at a Canadian university or college as a full time student in current year of awarding scholarship
- Must be attending university or college for the first time as a first year student
ONLY graduating students from the following schools can apply:
- Lambton Central Collegiate and Vocational Institute
- North Lambton Secondary School
- Click here for application form. If the form does not open in a fillable format, download the form and open it using Adobe.
- Must be fully completed, typed, signed and mailed to Lambton Mutual by the date specified on the application for the year preceding the study year.
- Each reference listed on the scholarship application must provide a community involvement reference letter.
- Must have a minimum of one reference – references may not be from a family relation.
- Please have reference(s) include their relationship to you in the opening paragraph of the letter.
- Include your official transcript.
- Lambton Mutual shall give preference to a graduate who demonstrates community involvement, volunteerism, and academic excellence.
- Children of staff, agents/brokers, staff of agents/brokers, and/or directors of Lambton Mutual Insurance Company are not eligible.
- If, in a given year, no suitable candidate applies, no award will be given that year.
- Payment will be made after proof of enrolment is received by the company from the registrar of the post-secondary institution.
- Award winners will be required to provide their Social Insurance Number (SIN) for tax purposes.
- Winners will be announced at the annual convocation ceremonies.
The Deadline for receipt is June 30, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. Late and/or handwritten applications will not be accepted. Winning applicants will learn the results by August 15, 2017.